10 reasons to write fast and slow
Why you may need to write fast:
- Set yourself a short deadline.
- Want it done and dusted so you can go on holidays.
- You were over this before you started.
- This is how you live your life, one speed – fast.
- What? You mean I can write slow?
Why you may like to write slow:
- You don’t have a deadline and it does not matter if you don’t finish (then stop reading blogs about publishing and just keep writing).
- You want to be considered in your thoughts.
- Slow is the only pace you know.
- This is a form of meditation for you.
- At the end of the day, slow writing helps you unwind.
Regardless of your approach, understand what you want to achieve and set yourself a goal and a timeline to complete your writing and get published.
Assuming you are intending to publish your work, then it would be a good idea to set a timeline that will see your work published in the near future.
As a guide set a timeline of three to six months.
Yes, set it and stick to it.
What will you choose to do?
Do you want to publish your work?
What steps will you take today to make it happen?
Otherwise, stop talking about publishing a book and do something else with your spare time.
If you would like to contact me, you can do so by sending me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in watching a 25 minute video about Creating Your Book in Less than 60 Minutes, find out more details here.