Jam It! – The Real Story
What happened when I listened to my own advice and did not answer the phone, or emails or browse on my phone?
A few things:
- The world did not end (no surprise here)
- Nobody noticed that I had gone into ‘radio silence’
- My kids were still feed (I remained an acceptable parent)
- The husband was pleased to get some silence (Apparently I have a tendancy to waffle, waffle and waffle. Did I say waffle?)
- I finished and published three books that had been on my ‘to do list’ for quite sometime (YEAH, high fives, jumping up and down with excitement)
- Life moved on
- I became a better person (according to myself)
My thoughts about this were that:
- It was great to do this
- I should do this again
- Why don’t I do this more often (Now, I aim for a bit of this ‘radio silence’ each day)
What are your thoughts?
What is stopping you from doing what you need to do?
There is not an excuse, choose to do it or choose not to do it.
Listening to Tim Ferriss interview Phil Keoghan was a brilliant reminder that we need to look into ourselves and say “How can I do this, and who can help me?” Seek the brilliance of others to assist you on your journey to success. You never have to do this alone; there are others that can help you. Perhaps read a book or two (maybe others could be assisted by reading your book?).
Tell me about some successes that you have had when you have Jammed It for a day or two. What benefits did you receive? How did you feel?
Did your time out create more opportunities for you and others?
Send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org I would love to read your comments.
Also if you, would like to know about the books that I wrote (and a few others I illustrated) you can buy them here.